Welcome to the London in Bloom campaign and we congratulate you on taking this first step towards making your local area safer, cleaner, and greener and an all-round better place to be.
The London in Bloom campaign offers advice, guidance, support, recognition and feedback to all its registered participants on an on-going basis. This ensures that there is a strong foundation to build upon, and also ensures that “in Bloom” initiatives all across London are sustainable and make a direct, positive impact on local people and the environment.
London in Bloom is about celebrating and recognising the passion Londoners have for greening our Capital city.
Our Key aims are
- Making Greater London a greener and more pleasant place to live and visit
- Recognising the tireless work of volunteers who support and care for many of our parks, squares, and green spaces both large and small.
- Encouraging all the community including individuals, friends groups, residents associations, businesses and London Boroughs to care for our environment.
- Working to increase the biodiversity of Greater London
- Building stronger and more vibrant neighbourhoods through community gardening projects
- Developing and sharing best practice amongst all who work to green London
- Rejoicing in the joy community gardening brings to the lives of all Londoners
Entries are invited annually from local authorities, parks and friends of parks groups, community groups, and schools across the region who wish to improve their local environment. We even have opportunities for individuals and small businesses, pubs and restaurants to directly enter in our campaigns. “The Bloom” is not all about hanging baskets and parks bedding displays, nor is it about big budgets and officer time. Our campaigns and competitions provide something for everyone who wishes to make a contribution to their quality of life in London, conserve our green heritage and do their bit for the environment.
So for more information read-on or give us a call to find out what you can do and how you can get involved.
Geoff Hyde – Chairman of London in Bloom